PENNINE WAYS ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE OUR FIRST AUCTION OF 2020
On the 8th February 2020 at 12 noon.
The Golden Lion, St John’s Chapel.
WITH LOT 1
BONNY MOOR COTTAGE, ST JOHNS CHAPEL, WEARDALE
GUIDE PRICE: £225,000
A Grade II Listed Four Bedroom Stone-Built House with 2 adjoining Barns & Private Parking. Garden to the front and 2 Paddocks to the side and rear. In total just under 2 Acres.
Full of Character and Charm, once updated will make an Idyllic Family Home & Smallholding.
PROPERTY BROCHURE: PROPERTY BROCHURE Bonny Moor Cottage
If you have a property to sell by Auction in 2020 please do not hesitate to contact one of our friendly team at either offices
Alston Office: 01434 381 808 or Haltwhistle Office: 01434 322277
If you would like to register your interest to receive auction updates, please send an email to … firstname.lastname@example.org.
All properties to be sold in our spring 2020 auction need to be entered into the sale before the end of February.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO BE READ BY ALL BIDDERS
VENUE. The auction is to be held at The Golden Lion, St Johns Chapel, Weardale, County Durham, DL13 1QF
Directions – DL13 1QF
From the Pennine Ways Office in Alston proceed up the hill and turn left onto the A689. Continue along the A689 for approximately 13 miles until you enter the village of St Johns Chapel. The Golden Lion can be found on your right opposite the church.
From the A1 proceed along the A68 towards the North Pennines until you reach the A689 signposted “Weardale North Pennines” join this road and travel west through various villages for approximately 18 miles until you enter the village of St Johns Chapel. The Golden Lion can be found on your left opposite the church.
- RESERVE PRICES. The properties are being offered for sale subject to reserve prices, unless otherwise stated.
- AUCTION CONDITIONS. The properties are being offered for sale subject to and under the RICS Common Auction Conditions (Edition 3, August 2009).
- QUESTIONS. Any questions relating to the properties being offered for sale should be put to the relevant Solicitor acting for the vendor prior to the auction. No person in the employment of Pennine Ways has any authority to make or give any representation whatsoever in relation to any property.
- VACANT POSSESSION. Vacant possession of all properties is offered on completion unless stated otherwise.
- SPECIAL CONDITIONS. Special conditions of Sale applicable to each particular lot will be available and issued by the relevant Solicitor, and shall be taken as forming part of the same. Whether or not having inspected the same, the purchaser shall be deemed to purchase with full notice of the Special Conditions and other deeds and documents aforesaid.
- TENURE. The tenure of all properties is either freehold or long leasehold unless otherwise mentioned.
- PARTICULARS OF SALE. The attention of all intending purchasers is drawn to the Particulars of Sale details.
- VIEWINGS. Viewings are strictly by appointment with the sole agent, Pennine Ways. To arrange an appointment, please call either the Haltwhistle Office 01434 322277 or the Alston Office 01434 381808.
- SALE PRIOR. Although it is not the specific intention of the Auctioneer to sell any lot prior to the auction, any would-be buyers interested in particular lots are invited to check with Pennine Ways before 5.00pm on the Friday before the sale.
- SEARCHES. Prospective purchasers shall be deemed to have inspected the relevant property and made all usual and necessary searches and enquiries, with all relevant authorities and other bodies.
- SOLD. As soon as the Auctioneer’s gavel falls on a bid, a successful bidder is under a binding contract to purchase the relevant property.
- MEASUREMENTS & LOCATION PLANS. All room sizes and site measurements are approximate and may have been scaled and/or reduced from Architects, Land Registry or Ordnance Survey Plans. Each lot will be sold in accordance with the Title Documents as the Location Plans shown in the Catalogue are for identification purposes only and do not form part of any contract. Prospective Purchasers are strongly advised to make their own site inspections and investigations with regard to the accuracy of all measurements given in this given in this Catalogue. The photographs included within this Catalogue are for the purpose of identification and may not represent the exact property.
- SERVICES. The Auctioneer has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order. Prospective purchasers are advised to obtain their own verification.
- LEGAL PACKS. All legal documentation supplied to us, including Special Conditions of Sale, Leases, Plans, Planning Permissions, Title Deeds and Local Authority Searches, will be available for inspection at the Auctioneer’s Office by prior arrangement and in the Auction Room before the Sale. Hard Copies of any Legal packs can be purchased from Pennine Ways for £10 (including VAT) per lot. Some of the lots may not have local search results available for inspection prior to the auction. In the case of all lots, the Buyer is deemed to have made their own enquiries of the relevant local authority and to purchase with full knowledge of any matters that would be revealed by any search and shall raise no requisition or obligation in respect thereof.
- VAT. Any intending purchasers must satisfy themselves independently as to the incidence of VAT in respect of any transaction.
- COMPLETION. Completion is 28 days from the date hereof unless otherwise stated, which for the April sale shall be Friday 6th March 2020.
- ON THE DAY. If you wish to bid, you must register before the auction begins. Arrive on the day of the Auction in plenty of time for Bidder’s Registration, to read the Addendum, view any last minute documentation and the Auctioneer’s announcements – they may affect your lot.
- QUESTIONS & BIDDING. Questions are not invited during the auction. Listen carefully to the Auctioneer’s opening remarks. Bid briskly by raising your bidding number so that the Auctioneer can see you clearly; leave winking and nodding to the professionals!
- SALE & BUYERS’ PREMIUM. On the fall of the hammer, the highest bidder above the reserve is contracted to buy. The successful buyer will be approached to complete the necessary paperwork before the end of the sale. Before leaving the sale room, the successful buyer will be required to sign the Sale Memorandum and to pay the deposit (which is 10% of the agreed sale price) plus the buyers’ premium (which is set at a rate of 5% of the agreed sale price). Please refer to the lot number for the rate applicable. There is no VAT applicable to the buyers’ premium.
- PAYMENT. Payment of the deposit and of the buyer’s premium will be possible on the day by debit or credit card. Please contact your bank prior to the auction to advise them of potential large transactions on this day. There is no charge for payment by debit or credit card. We are not able to accept payment by cash or by cheque.
- Good luck!
- Any further information required, please contact our Alston Office 01434 381808.